Mar 31, 2022
In this episode, Erin Olson discusses why church leadership matters as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-13. More important than charisma, stage presence, number of followers, and size of one’s ministry is character. Church leaders are called to be leaders who serve and run their households well.
When Christian leaders struggle and fall, it doesn’t happen overnight. This chapter outlines how elders and deacons should behave in their positions. It also helps non-leaders within the Church know what to look for in a biblical leader. Elders = servant leaders Deacons = leading servants The offices of elders (overseers, pastors) and deacons vary in roles, however, both are to be complimentary toward one another as they support the Church. Elders 1. Lead under the authority of Christ 2. Care for the body of Christ 3. Teach the Word of God 4. Model the character of Christ Deacons 1. Meet the needs of the Church according to the Word 2. Support the ministry of the Word 3. Unify the body around the Word For downloadable notes on 1 Timothy 3:1-13, click HERE.
Erin’s website information:
For more resources and to sign up to receive Erin’s weekly ministry newsletter, visit Erin Olson’s ministry website, Sandalfeet Ministries, at http://www.sandalfeet.org/.
Social media links:
Subscribe to The Depot Podcast with Erin Olson:
• cpnshows.com: https://www.charismapodcastnetwork.com/show/thedepotpodcast
• Libsyn RSS: https://thedepotpodcast.libsyn.com/rss
• iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-depot-podcast-with-erin-olson/id1542120541
• Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly90aGVkZXBvdHBvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M
• Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1yre7eBaRyJjR0pHv9EcEK?si=iKqkTp7WTS21uJz4mLrghw